- Location: Auxvasse Township, Missouri
- Owner: Ameren Missouri
- Operator: Ameren Missouri
- Construction Cost: $7.2B (2018$)
- Plant Output: 1,200 MW
- Property Size: 7,200 acres
- Status: Operational
- Employees: 800
- Expected Shut Down Date: 2044
- Current DTF Balance: $470M (2018$)
- DTF Balance Prior to Decommissioning: $2.0B (2018$)
- Decommissioning Cost Estimate: $520M (2018$)
- Spent Nuclear Fuel on Site: 813 metric tons
The Callaway nuclear power station consists of a single four-loop pressurized water reactor. Construction began in 1975 with licensed operations commencing in 1984.
In 2015, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission granted Callaway a twenty-year license renewal, extending its licensed operational life to 2044.
The Callaway nuclear power plant is located within Callaway County, Missouri. As of 2016, socioeconomic information is as follows:
- Population: 45,000
- Per Capita Annual Income: $35,000
- Unemployment rate (not seasonally adjusted): 3.3%
The Callaway Nuclear Facility’s annual payroll is approximately $100M. The plant’s annual state and local tax payments are approximately $10M.
Economic Development Administration Representative:
- Steve Castaner, Denver Regional Office, t: (573) 590-1194, e: [email protected]
Economic Development District
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Victor Dricks, Sr. Public Affairs Officer, t: (817) 200-1128, e: [email protected]
- Callaway 1
Unless specific costing information has been provided, decommissioning costs were derived from 2017 Decommissioning Funding Status Report.
Information herein obtained from public sources. Corrections are welcome and may be directed to [email protected].