- Location: Auxvasse Township, Missouri
- Owner: Ameren Missouri
- Operator: Ameren Missouri
- Construction Cost: $7.2B (2018$)
- Plant Output: 1,200 MW
- Property Size: 7,200 acres
- Status: Operational
- Employees: 800
- Expected Shut Down Date: 2044
- Current DTF Balance: $470M (2018$)
- DTF Balance Prior to Decommissioning: $2.0B (2018$)
- Decommissioning Cost Estimate: $520M (2018$)
- Spent Nuclear Fuel on Site: 813 metric tons
The Callaway nuclear power station consists of a single four-loop pressurized water reactor. Construction began in 1975 with licensed operations commencing in 1984.
In 2015, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission granted Callaway a twenty-year license renewal, extending its licensed operational life to 2044.
The Callaway nuclear power plant is located within Callaway County, Missouri. As of 2016, socioeconomic information is as follows:
- Population: 45,000
- Per Capita Annual Income: $35,000
- Unemployment rate (not seasonally adjusted): 3.3%
The Callaway Nuclear Facility’s annual payroll is approximately $100M. The plant’s annual state and local tax payments are approximately $10M.
Economic Development Administration Representative:
- Steve Castaner, Denver Regional Office, t: (573) 590-1194, e: [email protected]
Economic Development District
Nuclear Regulatory Commission