- Location: Mineral, Virginia
- Owner: Dominion Virginia Power (majority)
- Operator: Dominion Energy
- Construction Cost: $4.7B (2018$)
- Plant Output: 1,900 MW (Combined)
- Property Size: 1,100 acres
- Status: Operational
- Employees: 900
- Expected Shut Down Date: Unit 1 (2038), Unit 2 (2040)
- Current DTF Balance: $780M (2018$)
- DTF Balance Prior to Decommissioning: $1.2B (2018$)
- Decommissioning Cost Estimate: $980M (2018$)
- Spent Nuclear Fuel on Site: 1,440 metric tons
The North Anna nuclear power station consists of two pressurized water reactors. Construction began in 1971 with licensed operations commencing in 1978 (Unit 1) and 1980 (Unit 2).
In 2003, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission granted the North Anna plants twenty-year license renewals. Their licensed operational life extends to 2038 (Unit 1) and 2040 (Unit 2) respectively.
The North Anna nuclear power plant is located within Louisa County, Virginia. As of 2016, socioeconomic information is as follows:
- Population: 36,000
- Per Capita Annual Income: $41,000
- Unemployment rate (not seasonally adjusted): 2.5%
Approximately 60% of Louisa County’s budget comes from the North Anna facility and the company’s annual economic impact on Virginia is approximately $700M.