- Location: Delta, Pennsylvania
- Owner: Exelon (50%) PSEG (50%)
- Operator: Exelon
- Plant Output: 40 MW
- Property Size: 620 acres
- Status: SAFSTOR
- Current DTF Balance: $110M (2018$)
- Decommissioning Cost Estimate: $260M (2018$)
- Spent Nuclear Fuel on Site: None
Peach Bottom 1 was an experimental helium-cooled, graphite-moderated reactor. Construction of Peach Bottom 1 started in 1962 and the plant began licensed operations in 1966. In 1974, 1974 Peach Bottom 1 was shut down.
The Peach Bottom nuclear power plant is located within York County, Pennsylvania. As of 2016, socioeconomic information is as follows:
- Population: 446,000
- Per Capita Annual Income: $46,000
- Unemployment rate (not seasonally adjusted): 4.0%
No recent news about this plant. Try a search for other related news below.