- Location: St. Francisville, Louisiana
- Owner: Entergy Gulf States
- Operator: Entergy Nuclear
- Construction Cost: $8.8B (2018$)
- Plant Output: 1,000 MW
- Property Size: 3,300 acres
- Status: Operational
- Employees: 675
- Expected Shut Down Date: 2045
- Current DTF Balance: $750M (2018$)
- DTF Balance Prior to Decommissioning: $1.0B (2018$)
- Decommissioning Cost Estimate: $660M (2018$)
- Spent Nuclear Fuel on Site: 697 metric tons
The River Bend nuclear power station consists of one boiling water reactor. Construction began in 1977 with licensed operations commencing in 1986.
In 2019, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission granted a twenty-year license renewal for River Bend, extending its licensed operational life to 2045.
The River Bend nuclear power plant is located within West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana. As of 2016, socioeconomic information is as follows:
- Population: 15,000
- Per Capita Annual Income: $33,000
- Unemployment rate (not seasonally adjusted): 4.3%
The River Bend nuclear facility employs 675 workers with an annual payroll of approximately $65M. The plant contributes $17M in state and local taxes each year that comprise approximately 75% of the municipal and school district budgets for West Feliciana Parish.
Economic Development Administration Representative:
- Vicki Hendershot, Austin Regional Office, t: (225) 964-6858, e: [email protected]
Economic Development District
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Victor Dricks, Sr. Public Affairs Officer, t: (817) 200-1128, e: [email protected]
- River Bend
Unless specific costing information has been provided, decommissioning costs were derived from 2017 Decommissioning Funding Status Report.
Information herein obtained from public sources. Corrections are welcome and may be directed to [email protected].