- Location: Scriba, New York
- Owner: Exelon
- Operator: Exelon
- Construction Cost: $1.3B (2018$)
- Plant Output: 840 MW
- Property Size: 720 acres
- Status: Operational
- Employees: 600
- Expected Shut Down Date: 2034
- Current DTF Balance: $820M (2018$)
- DTF Balance Prior to Decommissioning: $1.2B (2018$)
- Decommissioning Cost Estimate: $660M (2018$)
- Spent Nuclear Fuel on Site: 735 metric tons
The James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant consists of a single boiling water reactor. Construction began in 1968 with licensed operations commencing in 1975.
In 2008, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission granted FitzPatrick a twenty-year license renewal, extending its licensed operational life to 2034.
The FitzPatrick nuclear power plant is located within Oswego County, New York. As of 2016, socioeconomic information is as follows:
- Population: 118,000
- Per Capita Annual Income: $39,000
- Unemployment rate (not seasonally adjusted): 4.2%
The annual payroll at the Jams A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant is approximately $65M and in 2017 the plant contributed $12M in property tax payments.
Economic Development Administration Representative:
- Edward Hummel, Philadelphia Regional Office, t: (215) 316-2124, e: [email protected]
Economic Development District
Nuclear Regulatory Commission