- Location: Scriba, New York
- Owner: Exelon, EDF
- Operator: Exelon
- Construction Cost: $11.4B (2018$)
- Plant Output: 1,900 MW (Combined)
- Property Size: 900 acres
- Status: Operational
- Employees: 925
- Expected Shut Down Date: Unit 1 (2029), Unit 2 (2046)
- Current DTF Balance: $1.1B (2018$)
- DTF Balance Prior to Decommissioning: $1.5B (2018$)
- Decommissioning Cost Estimate: $1.3B (2018$)
- Spent Nuclear Fuel on Site: 1,347 metric tons
The Nine Mile Point Nuclear Power Station consists of two boiling water reactors. Construction began in 1965 (Unit 1) and 1975 (Unit 2) with licensed operations commencing in 1969 and 1988 respectively.
In 2006, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission granted Nine Mile Point a twenty-year license renewal for both units, extending their licensed operational life to 2029 (Unit 1) and 2046 (Unit 2).
The Nine Mile Point Nuclear Power Station is located within Oswego County, New York. As of 2016, socioeconomic information is as follows:
- Population: 118,000
- Per Capita Annual Income: $39,000
- Unemployment rate (not seasonally adjusted): 4.2%
The annual payroll at the Nine Mile Point Nuclear Power Station is approximately $110M and in 2017 the plant contributed $35M in property tax payments.
Economic Development Administration Representative:
- Edward Hummel, Philadelphia Regional Office, t: (215) 316-2124, e: [email protected]
Economic Development District
Nuclear Regulatory Commission